Friday, October 2, 2009

Ich esse.


So today I made granola bars. This is my second time trying this recipe from vegweb.com.

These were so much better than the first time I made them.
I left out the oil the recipe recommends. I used apple butter in place of the mashed banana.
I replaced soy milk with rice milk and soy flour with quinoa flour.
I added a lot of strawberries and a left over mango.

I also didn't use any sugar (why would I?) , molasses (I did do a light drizzle of agave at some point), almonds (didn't have) and wheat germ (I forgot but it tasted fine in the last batch I made) .

And yet, they were like gently sweet cookies. My aunt couldn't keep her hands off. I'll be enjoying these at work for the next couple of days.


Apple butter, peanut butter, vanilla extract, rice milk:


No comments:

Post a Comment