Monday, October 26, 2009



When I was a kid and we were too poor to really buy anything else, my dad would pack me tuna...sometimes in sandwich form and sometimes in containers. It really didn't matter because I always got made fun of because it smelled. The experience of biting into soggy bread was never as bad as the humiliation I'd feel as one by one all the kids would say how gross I was.

Regardless of the traumatic association with it, every once in a while I get a craving for something like tuna.

That's when I make myself this simple snack:

Spread hummus onto crackers (especially sesame seed ones, yum) and top it with cut up green pimento olives and tomato pieces. It satisfies my taste-buds like whoa and no fishies (nor my ego) get harmed in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment